Thursday, April 16, 2009

And it begins...

Hi Friends (or people that just stumbled across this site),

I've decided to start this blog as my attempt to promote dialog between people in this world that don't have everything in life figured out. I'm just your normal guy working to provide for his family, chasing after Christ (though sometimes clumsily) and living life in the same world as everyone else. There is a few things that might temper my posts and help you understand where I'm coming from. I believe that we live in a world that is corrupted because of human nature and that we have an obligation to make it a better place.

POLITICS:
Some would say I'm conservative politically. To that I'd say "That's right; and I still have compassion for everyone. The government isn't here to "fix" everything. I respect the governments decisions even if I don't agree."

RELIGION:
If you are not sure where I stand, I would check the first paragraph. I'm a Christian but will not bring it up every two seconds or shove it down your through. You can believe whatever you like and I would like to hear about it. I know that Christ has changed and is changing my life and can offer you more than anything you can ever experience on earth.

LIFE:
I live in a small Ohio town with my wife and dog. I've been married for almost a year and it is great to be with a woman that I love. You'll hear about her quite a bit.

I drive an hour and fifteen minutes to and from work everyday. I like my job and like anyone else would "retire" in a heart beat if my bills were magically paid. I like to play guitar, listen to music, build things and relax with my family and friends.

You will hear a lot more about my life than religion and politics but they will definitely be involved. I will respond to your posts as quick as I can and would love to hear your opinions (good, bad, or indifferent) on what I write. Bare with me as I am not a writer.

"LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL" -The Cars

4 comments:

Mike Kayle said...

At least this way I'll know you're still alive. :)

Eric said...

Great point, I deserved that :)

Kathy Rohrs said...

Oh gosh, this could be scary ...

Mike Kayle said...

OK, I'm done piling on. :)

So what topic are we tackling first? Maybe the role/responsibility of a Christian in regards to civil disobedience/protest in light of the Tea Parties and even the mention of cessation by the Texas governor?